Keeping Kids Entertained in the Car

My last poll revealed that many of you use books, coloring and snacks as entertainment for your kids in the car. Do you find all that stuff to produce clutter? How about all of the crayons you have to pick up while driving down the interstate with the eyes in the back of your head watching the road?!?

My favorite Kalax Creations product completely changed my family's driving experience. Our Hand Painted Plastic Lap Desk organizes books, crayons, coloring materials and snacks with the two, sturdy built-in side pockets. It provides a flat writing surface and has a plastic rim around the edges which keep writing utensils from falling off. Best of all, the lap desk fits over most car seats! Here's the link http://www.kalaxcreations.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1 I load up my two year old's lap desk with stickers, snacks and her favorite princess coloring book and off we go! She loves that her name and the whimsical "Jocie's Kingdom" princess design is painted on her lap desk. She keeps busy with her "project" and I can listen to something other than Radio Disney!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am a mom of two girls ages 5 and 9 and we love our lap top desks, especially for car rides that are 30 minutes or longer . My kids keep their nintendo DS's in a pocket as well as their MP3 players. They keep coloring books, crayons, pencils, and markers in the other pocket. My girls can listen to music, play a video game, and even do their homework, if so inclined, while driving on the parkway. I don't even have to turn around and pass them things that they might need because they have it all in front of them. We love this product.
Melis in NJ
Anonymous said…
Jill: I can't wait to break mine out once we can get into our storage unit!! Ava needs a lot of entertaining in the car--especially on those long car rides. Must run Ava's eating playdough! -Meg in MD
wanderlust said…
Hi Jill,

It looks like you have a lot of followers to you blog. That's great! Way to start off with a bang! You can only keep going up! Your posts are really connecting with your audience. I have no kids (yet) but I will definitely keep an eye on your blog.

Jenica
Anonymous said…
Great Blog Jill! Great to hear about the kids and your business.

We used your desks for years. Now they are in the basement but still get used for art projects and even as a surface for a magic show!
Jillian said…
I love to hear of customers' uses for the lap desks. I didn't realize that big kids loved the Kalax Creations Lap Desks too! Melis in NJ, your kids look adorable with their Lap Desks.
Emmy in VA-do you have a pic of the magic show? I'd love to see the magician in action.

Thanks for writing. I love to hear your ideas.

Jill
Jillian said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
My kids absolutely love using your lapdesks in our minivan. The lapdesks fit perfectly over the captain's chairs and are perfect for coloring, reading and the (not so) occasional trip through the McD drive thru. I particularly like the wonderful designs and the personalization which so perfectly compliments the unique designs.
Anonymous said…
Jillian,

Thank you so much for the knitting bag. My knitting grtop and my knitting guild just love it.

Hope this becomes a big seller.

Audry n.c.
Anonymous said…
Jill, I love my lap tray because when I have long car trips if I am hungry,thirsty or bored we always bring our lap trays to eat on or color on and now my sister does not scream the whole way! Kaitlyn.

Popular Posts