My First Blog

I am finally writing my own blog!! My name is Jillian Kaplan and I own Kalax Creations, LLC, a craft business named after my 2 oldest children, Kaitlyn and Alexander. I am an attorney by training and started handpainting ceramic banks and plastic wagons & lap desks as a hobby in 1999, after my second child was born. With Alex amd Kaitlyn as my inspiration, Kalax Creations was a welcome opportunity to use the right side of my brain while at home with my kids!!

Kalax Creations was born at my kitchen table and I used to give my personalized lap desks and banks as gifts to friends. My products received so much enthusiam that I began selling Kalax Creations at craft fairs. Although I had a website from the beginning, I did not take orders over the internet until 2004...five years after I started my business!

Kalax Creations is now a successful internet business selling products all over the country. My third child, Jocelyn, was born in 2005 and she provides additional inspiration for my products and designs. It was clear from her earliest months that Jocie was a princess! I created my "Jocie's Kingdom" design in her honor and my two year old now dresses in princess clothing daily. Without Jocelyn, I would lack the knowledge of just how important tiaras are!

I continually create new designs to be painted on my products. The original ideas or sketches for these designs come directly from my kids. Alex's love of sailing led to the creation of "Alex's Dreamboat." Kaitlyn's becoming a tween inspired "Kaitlyn's Beat" which features a dancing girl listening to an i-pod and surrounded by all of her favorite things like music, cellphones and soccer balls. Whenever I create a design, I always consult with my expert staff ranging in age from 2 to 10! They inevitably provide the best feedback and creativity for my business since they are my target audience.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow Jill, how do you have time to take a course and deal with kaitlyn, Alex and Jocie
all my love Naomi
xxxxxxxxx
Anonymous said…
I love your stuff!

Popular Posts