Giving Back to the Community

Two out of my three children have been hospitalized since January. My 2 year old spent two days at FAHC Children's Speciality Center and my 11 year old spent 4 days on and off in the children's hospital. Both times we were there, I noticed there weren't many places to balance books, papers and activities while lying in bed. I brought Kalax Creations decorated lap desks from home to help the kids play from bed. The attached side pockets stored all supplies and the top provided a flat surface to play or write on. Items stayed put because of the plastic lip around the edge of the lap desk. The best part was, the lap desk fit comfortably over their bodies in bed!

After my kids were released from the hospital, I thought of all those kids who weren't so fortunate and who spent many hours & days in bed. I decided to donate Kalax Creations lap desks and tote bags to the hospital for patients' use. The hospital was grateful for the donation and a need was met!

My kids helped with the donation and even chose which designs to paint. It's important to me that they learn about giving back to the community and making things just a little bit better for others.

Jillian

Comments

Popular Posts